In 2013 Antigua and Barbuda introduced the pathway for citizenship by investment program. Holders of the Antigua and Barbuda passport enjoy visa free travel to approximately 150 countries, including the U.K. and the countries of the Schengen area.
To qualify for citizenship, the main applicant must be over 18 years of age, meet the application requirements, and select one of the following four options available:
- The purchase of real estate with a minimum value of USD 200,000 from an approved real estate project.
- The direct purchase of an eligible business for a minimum amount of USD 1.5 million as an individual. Alternatively, a joint purchase where each person contributes at least USD 400,000, totaling a minimum of USD 5 million
- A contribution to the National Development Fund of a minimum non-refundable amount of USD 100,000
- A contribution to the University of the West Indies of a minimum non-refundable amount of USD 150,000
Applicants and their families must also pay the following fees depending on the size of the family for either of the investment options:
PROCESSING FEES (NDF)
- US$25,000: Family of up to four; US$15,000: Each additional
PROCESSING FEES (REAL ESTATE)
- US$50,000: Family of up to four; US$15,000: Each additional
DUE DILIGENCE FEES
- US$7,500: Main applicant; US$7,500: Spouse;
- US$2,000: Dependent between 12 and 17; US$4,000: Dependent over 18.
- Biometric passport fees are US$300 per person.